Friday 10 April 2015

Easter, Family and a quick catch up.

From about mid March I've been eating, sleeping, breathing Easter weekend. I could not wait for the long weekend to arrive. I needed a break, a bit of time to relax, time with the family. It was the in-laws turn to get us for Easter and husbands older brother and his family who live in the UK is visiting so everyone was extra excited. They have a little girl aged 4 and a little boy turning 2 in May. The last time the cousins were all together Ben was only 4 months old.

Things started off a little rocky. Ben was terribly shy at first and David was not keen on sharing toys but after a good nights sleep they woke up the next morning ready to play. There were lots of climbing, racing, pointing and giggling. They were just ridiculously cute together.



I really am enjoying this age. Sure there's tantrums and Ben can go from happy to awfully upset within seconds but there's also a million laughs. He is such a character and has the best sense of humour. He loves to entertain and he smiles all the time. He has amazing ball skills and loves to kick the ball around. He is obsessed with cars or 'Ka' as he calls them and has major bike skills. He takes a corner on 2 wheels just about tipping over often making me jump up thinking he's about to crash, but he never does. He roars like a lion, applauds the loudest when he does something awesome and loves, loves, LOVES chocolate. He would pop the entire Easter eggs into his mouth and it was terribly funny watching him try eat the whole thing at once.


His laugh is infectious and I adore the effect he has on other people. You cant help but be happy when around him.


I cannot believe we are already in Autumn. It was very evident over Easter weekend as we pulled on the wintery PJ's and often needed a jersey in the morning. I am a summer person and get terribly depressed during the long winter months. I hate the darkness, the grey, the pale skin. Luckily we had a nice sunny day over the weekend to enjoy a bit of beach time.





April means its my last month at the current job. I cannot believe I am almost at the end. That first month was so difficult. I'd often drive home from work and thought of just not showing up the next day. I had to learn so much in a very short amount of time. A lot was expected of me and although at the time I thought they were going to break me I actually survived. I feel a lot more confident in myself knowing I climbed this mountain and although I wanted to quit many times I didn't.

I've also been eating much healthier lately (except for easter weekend of course) and have lost 5kg's since I started end of February. My skin looks better, my clothes fit again and I don't feel a 100 years old anymore. I've been able to put a bit of cash into my credit card clearing up some unwanted debt and husband received a very nice bonus so after a few very hard months we are doing so much better. I'm happy. And I say that not with a "but are you really?" as an afterthough like I did a while back  I really am feeling okay with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment